Cherry Lime Red Beet Smoothie
This cherry lime red beet smoothie is the perfect drink for the summer. It is refreshing and the red beets give the smoothie a beautiful color!
- Prep Time:5 minutes
- Total Time:5 minutes
- Yield:1 Large Serving or 2 Small Smoothies
- 1 ½ cups (450g) of pitted cherries, fresh or frozen
- juice from 1 ½ to 2 limes
- ½ cup (75g) raw chopped red beets
- 1 cup (240ml)of almond milk
- a few ice cubes
- lime slices for garnish (optional)
Mix all ingredients until smooth. Serve in glasses and garnish if a slice of lime if you like.
Yields 2 small smoothies. Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194, Total Fat 2g, Saturated Fat: 0.1g, Sodium: 113mg, Cholesterol: 0mg, Total Carbohydrate: 47g, Dietary Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 32.3g, Protein 4.1g
If you're still fighting the heat of summer, turn this smoothie into a super cool drink to cool off from the inside! Try adding 3/4 cup ice cubes to this recipe. Ice cubes will sprinkle your drink, so you might want to add more cherries, lime juice or beets to give the drink more flavor.