Quinoa chia porridge with stone fruits
This kind of quinoa chia porridge, even before it is ready, you’ll know it will have an amazing taste, because while it slowly simmers away fill your kitchen and your house with the most amazing aromas on earth. Neighbors will come knocking. Vanilla bean, cinnamon and cardamom spices wrapped in a hot milk and caramelized stone fruit flavor will float and dance all around you, inviting you to do a little happy dance as well. Just go with it, even if for the mere reason that you need time to pass quicker until the porridge is ready.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 2- 4
- 3/4 cups quinoa
- 2 cups almond milk (or your favorite nut milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP coconut butter (optional)
- 2 TBSP sweetener of choice (raw honey, maple syrup)
- pinch sea salt
- 1 ’empty’ vanilla pod
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 3 slices of fresh turmeric (or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric)
- a handful of currants (or raisins)
- 1/3 fresh peach, roughly sliced/chopped
- 1/3 fresh nectarine, roughly sliced/chopped
- Toppings: the rest of the fresh peach and fresh nectarine, plus fresh figs, coconut flakes, almonds, fresh thyme
- Add all the ingredients for the porridge to a pot and place on medium to low heat.
- Bring to a boil and turn down the heat to the minimum.
- Simmer until cooked, covered, stirring every now and then and making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom (a small cast iron casserole is good for this).
- Once ready, add the toppings and serve warm.